Argelite is a 3rd person, competitive arena game played with two to four players. It focuses on mobility and freedom of movement, incorporating a grapple mechanic on top of the conventional movement actions. Players are pitted against each other on a vertically-focused map, where the goal is to eliminate each other for points until one reaches the limit and becomes the victor!
- Mobility enhancing combat abilities allow the player to navigate and fight in a world on a horizontal and vertical axis.
- Competitive deathmatch for local split-screen with 2 to 4 players.
- A fantasy world inspired by the Greek Islands and Renaissance Italy.
Awards and Nominations
Argelite won the Student's Choice Award and The Jury's Spotlight Award at the Gotland Game Conference 2019, and was nominated for Best In Show.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10
- Number of Players/Controllers: 2-4
Argelite was designed and developed over a course of 8 weeks at Uppsala University - Campus Gotland by a team of 7 game design students and was presented to the public at Gotland Game Conference 2019.
- Gunnlaugur Arnarson Artist
- Moa Bruus Artist
- Lina Femling Level Designer
- Patrik Lindqvist Artist
- Hampus Serrestam Level Designer
- Konrad Skagerberg Programmer
- Jeppe Willatzen Programmer, Composer
The game is considered complete as is, it may or may not receive further updates depending on availability of the development team.
Disclaimer: This is a demo version of Argelite that was presented at Gotland Game Conference 2019.